Friday, September 9, 2011

PTA and New Job

It's official....I've joined the PTA. I wanted to last year, but just never got around to it. So I made it my goal that I would this year. Now that both boys are at the same school, I want to be even more involved. So we'll see how this goes :)

Also..I may actually have a part-time job! I went in yesterday to Pete's work to talk to his boss Andy. He wants me to come back in to clean the engineering offices as well as a few other side projects. It's rumored that this particular job may be more regular (I usually go in once or twice a year to do the office cleaning). But for now, it's nothing regular and I get paid under the table for this. BUT I also went in to talk to Todd Coyler, who works up front (I can't remember what his position in the company is!!!). Andy put in a good word to Todd about my cleaning, and Todd is interested in hiring me (I'd be an actual ROMAC employee!!) to come in to do some industrial cleaning on a regular basis out in the shops! It would be part time, at the most 20 hours a week. He still needs to talk to HR for more info on hiring me and then get back to me soon. But it's so exciting to think that I'll actually be bringing home a paycheck and have extra play money. *Fingers Crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment