Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sick and Achy

I'm sick...again. It started last night with my throat feeling sore. During the night I woke up to it hurting (not sore, but actually HURTING) and having a hard time swallowing. This kept me up off and on during the night. (Side note: this has been a recurrence lately. I don't necessarily have 'sore' throats. The sides of my throat just hurt, sometimes one day being one side then swapping to the other side the next day. Anyone find that odd??). Anyhow, to make it worse Pete planned on going on an overnight hiking trip with Daniel today. Not only do I not get a relaxing weekend and have help with the kids, but now I have to take care of the kids (w/o help) and I'm sick. I tried very hard to be nice to Pete before he left, but in my head I was frustrated that he wouldn't be an awesome husband and realize he should cancel his camping trip to take care of me. Instead, him and Daniel couldn't get out the door quick enough, giddy like two little boys. As the day has gone on, I've only continued to feel worse. Besides my throat, my body aches something fierce. When I move around I have chills; when I sit I feel flushed and hot. I just want to sleep this off. On the bright side, though, I was able to (slowly) move about and do a few things around the house, like dishes, laundry, and finish rearranging the linen closet. And the boys have been good (for the most part). I had to take them this afternoon to a birthday party, which lasted three hours(!). They each came home (unfortunately) with a bag full of candy. Since we got home from the party, I fed them hotdogs and chips for dinner (their request), and then bribed them with a little candy and a few movies so they'd let me rest in peace on the couch. Bedtime for them is soon. I just hope I can sleep this off tonight. I think Pete owes me a 'make up' weekend. Oh, and since he left me home sick to go have fun, here's a pic I'll share of him taken a few days ago. His sinuses were acting up and he used the netty pot, which I happened to get a pic of (don't worry...the pic is right at the beginning of the treatment and it's only water coming out of his nose) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment