Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Clifford's First Filling

Clifford's attempt at a smile after getting his filling at the dentist :)

I just got back from taking Clifford to the dentist for his first filling. He was a trooper! We decided against doing the nitrous. For a week prior to today, Pete and I have prepped him on explaining exactly what to expect. He didn't flinch when the doctor numbed him up (I was informed, too, that they don't like calling it a 'shot' or 'needle'. I guess it scares kids too much, but whatever). The procedure lasted less than a half hour. I went up front to make the payment on our portion that insurance didn't cover. I found out that I was quoted wrong. Instead of $38, it was $88 (needless to say we will need to pay off the difference next week). It's not that big of a deal, until you do the math: $88 x 3 (b/c Kristjan has 2 he needs filled) = $264. Kids are so expensive! And this is ONLY the beginning. Pete and I pray they don't need braces in the future lol. On the bright side of this, I'm just grateful that we have awesome medical and dental insurance, and that we are able to afford to pay our portions, considering we're a one-income family at the moment. But believe me, I will be the 'tooth nazi', making sure my boys are in tip-top shape when it comes to their teeth. Not only for their general health, but for our pocket book :)

No comments:

Post a Comment