Sunday, February 13, 2011

Weekend Adventure

This weekend has been laid back...for me at least. Pete took Clifford on a 'guys only' snowshoeing trip up to Paradise in Mt. Rainer with a few of his buddies for the weekend. Kristjan and I have been enjoying our time together. We came home Friday night after dropping Pete and Clifford at Gordon's house in Burien. It was a bit late but I let Kristjan stay up and watch a cartoon until I was too tired to stay awake any longer. It was a bit frustrating putting him to bed, since he felt he'd be 'scared' sleeping alone in his room without Clifford. After giving him a handful of glow-sticks and keeping his bedroom door open (and him trying to sneak out of the room a few times), I got him to fall asleep. At around 6am the next morning, Kristjan crawled in bed with me and fell back asleep. I woke up shortly later to feeling a warm liquid sensation on my back: he accidentally peed my bed. Oh well. We cleaned everything up and went back to sleep for a few more hours.

Saturday we went out on a 'date'. I took him to see 'Gnomeo and Juliete'. We shared some popcorn and candy. The movie itself was cute (I'd definitely recommend seeing it as a matinee showing....or even at a $2 theater if you have one of those...but just my opinion). Afterwards we went to some craft stores. I bought some scrapbooking supplies and Kristjan bought a 'treasure' box, which he painted red and purple when we got home. While at Joann Fabrics, the power went out (when we got home, our clocks were flashing so the power went out at home as well). It was storming really good outside, and traffic was backed up everywhere due to the lights not working. We stopped by Papa Murphey's for some cheese bread to bake for dinner. Once we got home we stayed home for the rest of the evening, crafting and watching movies together.

Right now it's Sunday afternoon. Kristjan is over at a neighbor's house playing with some friends and having lunch. I'm home baking up a storm (cookies, cupcakes, muffins), waiting for Pete to call to have me come pick him and Clifford up. I'm hoping they don't wait until late in the evening to call. I made sure to have Pete take the camera so I'd have picks to blog about their camping trip. I should have those up in a day or so. Anyhow, my timer is going off. Better take out my blueberry and apple muffins :)

No comments:

Post a Comment