Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Thought I'd share a few pics of the boys on this (rainy) Valentine's Day.



Kristjan had a party at preschool. He made his own 'mailbox' and received lots of valentines and candy from his classmates

Clifford doesn't attend kindergarten on Mondays, so his class will have a party tomorrow. Over the weekend he had a valentine art project to complete. Since he was away camping, we worked on it this morning while Kristjan was at school. I think he did a good job (he was to create a pattern, which they're learning in school).




As for Pete and I, we're not doing anything special for Valentine's Day. Pete is really happy that I've come to the conclusion that Valentine's Day isn't a 'big deal'. Sure, it would be awesome for him to surprise me with flowers and candy, or take me out on a date. But right now there's more important things to 'waste' our money on. Instead, we're going to make a delicious steak dinner with potatoes, asparagus, salad and bread. For desert, I made chocolate-covered strawberries and a strawberry trifle from the Nielsen cookbook (Aunt Debbie's recipe). To end the night, I'm hoping to put the kids to bed early and then cuddle on the couch with Pete and catch up on some "House" episodes. Happy Valentine's Day everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment