Sunday, January 10, 2010

School is Back in Session!!!



I think last Monday was the day every parent was excited to see come-back to school for the kiddos!! Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the Christmas break and not having to wake up at 5:30am and drive the kids back and worth to preschool. But it was great to get back to a normal schedule. The first week back went great. The boys have already been coming home with more cute art projects. Also this week we found out that registration is only a few weeks away-another year of preschool for Kristjan and KINDERGARTEN for CLIFFORD!!! OH MY GOSH! Clifford will be turning 5 soon AND starting kindergarten in September!!! Time is flying bye. At the new Lynnwood High School, the school district (which we're in the Edmonds School District) held a "fair", where every elementary, middle and junior high school had booths with info. Clifford will be attending Martha Lake Elementary. We met with the kindergarten teacher, and also with (i'm assuming) the principle. All were very nice. I received the registration packet, which I've already filled completely. But I can't turn it in until the 25th at 10am. Knowing me I'll be there 10 minutes early, first in line, ready to sign my baby boy up! I'm also excited because in the packet was the school supply list. Pete laughed at me when he saw the excitement in my face over this. With me being the planner, I'm sure I'll have everything he needs for school before this current school year is up! As for Kristjan, we decided we will continue preschool at First Lutheran. I love it and so does he. I'll still have to make the drive for another year but it'll only be for three days. I think I can manage that. What I can't manage is Clifford already requesting to ride the school bus to school! He declared at dinner a few nights ago that "I need to ride the school bus because mom talks too much to me in the car and I need some alone time". Gosh, my boys are growing up way too fast!



No comments:

Post a Comment