Saturday, January 23, 2010

Clifford's Birthday Party

Today was the day-Clifford's Birthday Party. Including the boys, I had 11 kids in the house running around, being loud, having tons of fun. I made sure to get up early this morning so I'd have plenty of time to decorate the cake and the house as well as make sure I looked decent for the party. Pete made homemade pizza for the party, even with homemade crust! It was delicious. Per Clifford's request, the theme for his party this year was Star Wars. With the pizza, I served up some Yoda Soda's (those were a hit even with the parents!). In between all the fun I had all the kids go play in the boys' room. It looks like a tornado hit it! But I expected a huge mess with all those kids and don't mind. The kids played a Star Wars game and attacked the Darth Vader pinata that I stuffed full of candy and stickers (sorry parents!). With any kids party, opening gifts is always the exciting part. I instructed each of the kids to grab the gift they brought for Clifford and to sit on the floor next to him. Then one by one I had them give their gift. This worked out good. It was controlled chaos. I think it only took about 5 minutes to open up all the gifts! And I'm not sure how I did it, but I managed to write down who gave what so that Clifford and I could work on "thank you" cards tomorrow. I scheduled the party for two hours, but it ended up being done a half hour early. It was a great party, and Pete and I enjoyed socializing with all the parents who stayed. Now on to planning the next birthday party!!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment