Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Happy Birthday Grandpa!

On March 6th we headed down to Yakima for a quick overnight trip. It was my Grandpa's 83rd birthday! It was a little hard for me. Back in January we found out he was diagnosed with Stage III Pancreatic Cancer, and was given roughly 5 months left (shortly after his birthday, the doctor took him off all but his pain meds, and said about 2 months now. So the reality is it's between now and May. How awful to think about). I was told most days my Grandpa sleeps a lot during the day. While we were over visiting, he was awake for all of our visit, and I was told he really enjoyed having us there, especially to see the boys rough housing and being their normal selves. Unfortunately we couldn't stay the entire weekend and had to be back home by Saturday evening. I'm hoping we can make another trip down soon.
Happy Birthday Grandpa!
 Boys giving loves to Grandpa before we had to leave for home

No comments:

Post a Comment