Friday, July 19, 2013

Little Greider Lake

This last weekend we went on a family backpacking trip to Little Greider Lake up in the Sultan area. The hike was fairly easy. Sheeba did wonderful, only falling off a log once. Our campsite was big, and had a little private access to the lake. A few day hikers passed through, but we were the only ones camped out at the lake. I'm a little annoyed Pete didn't bring our fishing gear. He instead wanted to just try fishing with a hook, line and a stick. Yea, that didn't work out too well. And the frustrating part was you could constantly hear fish jumping all over in the lake. Our meals were amazing, with us grilling steak over an open fire. Pete and I recently bought new sleeping pads for ourselves. I can't remember the brand off the top of my head, but we slept like babies. Totally worth every penny we spent. There was a downside to our trip. Kristjan ate something that gave him a stomach ache. I had a dig a hole for him twice that evening before it really started to hit him...and then he accidently made a mess in both his pants and shorts. We only had those two pairs for him. I was able to scrub his pants clean, but we had to bury his shorts. It was bad. By the fourth time this happened to him, the poor kid stood there crying, wailing "I hate life right now". I felt so bad for him, but had to hide my laugh when he said that. Kristjan had to sit for a while half naked until I could dry his pants over the fire. And lucky for everyone, there were no accidents in the tent. All in all it was a good hike. Next time our destination will be to hike on past the lake to Big Greider Lake.



No comments:

Post a Comment