Thursday, June 13, 2013

School Carnival

The last Friday in May was the school Carnival. Pete and I usually help out at all the events, but honestly, we're burnt out, so we didn't do as much for this event. Pete was asked to set up the prize board, since he did such an awesome job with it last year. He did, and decided he's going to redesign it for the school (it's a bit of a pain to set up). I was asked to donate some cakes for the cake walk, which I did. I personally don't want my boys coming home with a huge cake and figured other parents share the same thought, so instead I baked up a bunch of jumbo-size cupcakes and decorated them. Like last year, my cakes were a hit. Everyone compliments me on my decorating, but all I really do is find a pic on Pinterest and copy it. I guess not everyone can do that :)

The event itself was a blast. Now that the boys are older, we can let them have a bit more freedom and go off with friends (so long as they check in with us periodically). We helped out at a few booths, but mostly spent our time standing around talking with other parents. The PTA put on a raffle in hopes to raise the last bit of our financial goal. We actually won a certificate to a steak house in Bellevue! We quickly found out that the restaurant is very, very expensive. We'll be saving up our pennies to attend lol.

A sample of my cupcakes. The second pic is the candy bar cupcake (chocolate frosting with pieces of candy bar and caramel drizzled on top) and the third is the butterfinger cupcake (peanut butter frosting with chunks of butterfinger candy)

Boys working on a sugar high!

Our winning prize!

No comments:

Post a Comment