Thursday, June 13, 2013

Mother's Day Weekend

My Mother's Day weekend this year didn't go as planned. Pete was to take the boys hiking with Daniel and his boys, leaving me with a quiet, empty house the entire weekend. They were literally in the car ready to leave, when Pete received a text from Daniel saying he may have to work. Pete's number one rule with hiking is he doesn't go out alone with the boys (yet). He's concerned for their safety if something were to happen to him. So when Pete didn't hear back again from Daniel on his work status, Pete worked hard to convince me to go with them. I wasn't happy....at all! My gift from them was time alone. Now that wasn't happening. But I made the most of it. We stayed just one night. I convinced Pete that we should hike out late Saturday evening, that way I could still make the most of my weekend (sleeping in my own bed, having breakfast made for me, etc). So we're about halfway down the trail when we run into Daniel and his boys. I.WAS.TICKED. And to make it worse, Pete thought it would be cute to ask me in front of Daniel about hiking back, unpacking and staying another night. Uh, no! I enjoy camping and the outdoors, but this is NOT what I want to do for Mother's Day...unless maybe I was staying in a cabin. But not roughing it. Anyhow, after all was said and done, we made it to the car and on our way home. Pete redeemed himself by making me a delicious homemade breakfast Sunday morning and taking me to schedule my next tattoo appointment. I spent the day with my boys, and we ended with a yummy dinner while watching a movie as a family.












No comments:

Post a Comment