Thursday, April 12, 2012

Guess Who Is the New PTA Secretary?!

ME!!!!!!

As I mentioned in a previous post, I was contacted by one of the PTA members in charge of the nominating committee and asked if I'd like to be nominated for a position on the PTA board. After reviewing the detailed lists of each position, I replied back stating I was interested in the Secretary position. I was told I would then need to attend the next PTA meeting when they announced the nominees. That meeting was tonight. The nominations were read. From my understanding, there were three slots open: Secretary, Membership and President. My name was called for Secretary and another gal's name for Membership (so far no one wants to take on the daunting task as President). Then the board members were about to move on to the next topic for discussion when I politely interrupted and asked what happens next? The PTA president, Shannon, smiles at me and says "You're it! You're the new secretary". The room got a chuckle by my surprised reaction. I just thought I was being nominated and there was going to be some type of voting process or something. NOPE! No one else wanted the position, so I got it!! I'm officially the new PTA Secretary for the next school year. I still think it's crazy that I'm doing this. I was never active myself in high school with sports or politics, and I definitely didn't have involved parents during my school years, so this is really a new concept to me. BUT I'm happy to be involved :)

No comments:

Post a Comment