Sunday, March 11, 2012

Weekend Trip to Yakima

We headed down to Yakima for the weekend. March 6th was my Grandpa's 80th birthday, so we made him a special birthday dinner, cake and gifts. He requested homemade hamburgers with the works, so that's just what he got. I made some cupcakes prior to coming down, and Kristjan helped Grandma frost them. I tried to get creative with my Grandpa's gifts. I found on Pinterest this gift idea where you can fill a jar up with hard candy and make a tag that says "80 Sucks". I put one together, and when he saw it, he got a kick out of it. I also put together a basket full of all his favorite likes. The main gift to him, which he absolutely loved, was a framed collage using all the pictures he had up on his bedroom wall. I had my mom fib to him by saying she was taking down the pics so she can get frames for all of them. She then mailed me the pics, which I then put together in a collage. At the end of the night, the plan was for Pete and I to go back to his parents house while the boys stayed behind to spend the night. Clifford changed his mind at the last minute, so just Kristjan stayed the night. I was told he used his manners, stayed up watching cartoons with them, and had popcorn.

While in Yakima, we stayed at Pete's parents' house. His brother Eric and his family were also in town visiting for the weekend. Pete and Eric helped their dad out with a project while I hung out with all the kiddies inside the house. Poor Emma was really hoping for some girl time with me, but sadly I just didn't have enough time. I did try to make a try at bonding with Louis, Matthew and Samuel. I'm not close to them as I am with the older kids. Anytime I'm around those 3, I make a point of trying to keep them comfy with me. I think I won Matthew over a little. He followed me around outside in the garden, helping me find items for Kristjan's school project. Samuel, however, doesn't want anything to do with me. Anytime I look at him he avoids eye contact (it's cute). I was able to sit right next to him on the couch for a few minutes before he realized it was me lol! As for Louis, he'll talk and look at me, but that's about it. He definitely gave me lots of laughs during my visit . That boy, let me tell you, is a feisty one.

Anyhow, we enjoyed the weekend. The drive was long but not so bad. It felt good once we were back home.















No comments:

Post a Comment