Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Freak Night


Freak Night was AWESOME!!! It's Seattle's biggest Halloween rave they put on every year, and it was my very first concert I've ever attended. I had a blast! For over eight hours that night, I was just 'Sarah' on a date with 'Pete'-no little ones yelling "mom" every five minutes, no responsibilities (thank you Daniel and Jessica for watching the boys for us!). We double-dated with Gordon and Michelle. Our theme costumes were Scary Clowns, and Gordon spent the entire night on stilts. We looked pretty good; we were constantly getting our pictures taken. Gordon, Michelle and Pete entered the costume contest there and made it in the top 20 (I had lost my ticket inside the venue and couldn't sign up to compete with them). I actually ran into my old childhood friend Felicia there; that was exciting. Every act that was playing were good, but I really was there to see Infected Mushroom, who were the last act to play at 2am. I told Pete my goal was to make my way to the very front of the main stage by the time they started playing. And I did!! I was seriously giddy with excitement being in the very front row to see my favorite band perform. And they put on a fantastic performance. We left just before the show was over so we could beat the huge crowd out (there were 10,000 people in attendance!), and I rode in my very first taxi! Yes, I'm a dork; I was very excited about this. After a little snack, we finally made it to bed at 5am. It's funny though because during the night, Pete and I would occasionally tell each other "I'm too old to be doing this!"; we were tired from being up past our 'bedtime', and our bodies ached from all the dancing. But it was worth it. I definitely want to go again next year. I'm already thinking of our next Halloween costume :)







Infected Mushroom!!!!




The morning after at breakfast, looking like our normal selves.

No comments:

Post a Comment