Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Jog-A-Thon


Yesterday Clifford participated in the Jog-A-Thon. The Jog-A-Thon is actually today, but since Clifford is in the Tuesday/Thursday kindergarten class, those students jogged yesterday in their P.E. class. I showed up early at his school so I could watch him jog and take pictures. The PTA president was there as well to help out. I guess she thought I was there to help volunteer to keep track on how many laps each child ran, as she gave me a marker and explained what I needed to do. All was good. I helped with Clifford's class, marking on the kids' wristbands as they completed each lap (only one other mom showed up as well to help with this). It was so much fun to watch all these little kids run around. I was able to snap a few pics of Clifford and his friend Grant jogging (Pete carpools with Grant's mom, Staci, to work. She wasn't able to come to watch, so I took some pics for her). Out of 25 laps, Clifford ran a total of 23 laps!! And with everyones help, he raised $46 in donations!!! I'm so proud of my big boy and his huge accomplishment on his first school fundraiser!!

Clifford heading outside with his class
Clifford is all smiles before the jog began
Andy they're off! Clifford is in the very front



Clifford and Grant starting to get exhausted
Clifford giving it his all on his last lap!
In line to go back to class

No comments:

Post a Comment