Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten!!


Today was Clifford's first day of kindergarten! I don't know who was more excited (and anxious)-him or me! We started the morning off with the boys waking up at 6:30am (normal for them). I made oatmeal and homemade blueberry muffins for breakfast. Clifford always wakes up in the morning saying 'I'm starving', yet he doesn't like to eat breakfast super early. Today was no different; he didn't want to eat all of his breakfast. I explained to him that he wouldn't get snacks at school like he did in preschool, and he would have to wait to eat again until lunch. After eating his muffin, he took a shower and got dressed. He decided to wear a new pair of jeans and his new 'ninja turtle' shirt. Once Clifford was dressed, he was excited to get going. School starts at about 8:35am; so he had about an hour to kill before we could leave. When it was time to go, Pete came home from work to pick us up and off we went. Clifford got into his class line, where he'll line up every class day. We walked with his class as they went to their classroom. Clifford did just fine. Pete let him know we were going to leave; Clifford waved bye, then turned his attention back to his teacher. I was a little sad. I didn't get a hug or kiss goodbye; there was no break downs of 'mommy don't leave!" (which, I know, is a good thing). I cried just a little out in the hallway where Clifford couldn't see me. It was tough. I swear, it feels just like yesterday he was a baby. Now he's in school!! The day went on ever so slowly for me. Once 3:05pm came, Clifford came out all smiles, slightly exhausted from his first day of school.

Clifford and his lunch! (turns out I will be tailoring his lunch a bit. he only ate his chips, juice and ding dong for lunch, skipping the sandwich and applesauce!)
Clifford wanted to pack up his own lunch
A hearty and healthy breakfast before school!
Clifford and Daddy
Proud mommy!
walking to school
waiting for school to start
Clifford in his classroom (he's sitting in the very front of the room)
Clifford waiting to be picked up from school
My big boy survived his first day of kindergarten!

No comments:

Post a Comment