Monday, September 13, 2010

Clifford's First Stitches!!

While on our way home from our trip to Oregon, our friends Gordon and Michelle texted us and invited us to a bbq dinner for later that evening. We decided to swing by on our way home and have a delicious dinner with great friends (they also had a few other friends and family over as well). Everything was great: great food, great fun, great company. It was after 9pm when I went outside to tell Pete we needed to get going home. Everyone was sitting around the fire pit (which was made of concrete stones). Clifford was sitting in a chair, laughing with everyone (Ron, Michelle's dad, had put a 'fart machine' under Clifford's chair, and he thought it was the funniest thing, giggling away), when all of a sudden Clifford fell out of the chair and hit his head on the fire pit! Everyone immediately got up to help assist him. Ron, Michelle, Gordon and Pete carried Clifford into their kitchen to clean up the wound and to see how serious it was. I was standing back a ways, crying. Clifford had a small gash under his left eye. Gordon drove Pete and Clifford to the hospital while I stayed behind with Kristjan. A few hours later they returned. Clifford ended up with 3 stitches. Pete said Clifford was brave the entire time he received the stitches. The only times he did cry was when it initially happened (when he saw the blood, he thought his head had split open and you could see his brains!) and when the doctor gave him the numbing shot. My poor boy! This morning Clifford woke up, and he now also has a black, swollen eye!! In six days the stitches can come out.


Here's the video footage of Clifford's accident. For whatever reason, I can't upload videos in my blog. But I was able to upload it to my Facebook. Check out the link. I changed my privacy settings for this video as 'open to the public', so if for some reason you can't access it, let me know.
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1576481859438&saved






No comments:

Post a Comment