Tuesday, August 31, 2010

One More Week!!

We have one more week of summer vacation before school starts back up!! Clifford will start school on Sept. 7th and Kristjan on Sept. 13th. Tomorrow evening Pete and I go to Clifford's school for "parent night" to receive information, then Thursday afternoon we take Clifford to meet his kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Castelle. I think I have everything ready to go for Clifford. Lunch items are bought, backpack and lunch bag labeled, clothes bought, and all school supplies purchased. Between now and next week we're working on having Clifford memorize his lunch number-yes, he gets a lunch number!!!

As for Kristjan, we go on the 7th to meet his preschool teacher, Mrs. O'Connell. Clifford had her his first year of preschool, and she is such a lovely lady. Kristjan is going to really like her a lot. Since I've already been through 2 years of preschool with the boys, I already know what to expect of this meeting. Other than school clothes shopping for Kristjan, I just need to go shopping for snacks. Instead of backpacks, for preschool they carry a tote bag, which then you can decorate it however you want. I made Clifford a dinosaur and star wars bag for his two years of preschool, and Kristjan had a little mermaid bag last year. For this year, Kristjan decided on spongebob. Last night I finally got motivated and created his spongebob school bag. I think it turned out pretty cute. Kristjan loves it and can't wait to take it on his first day of school!



No comments:

Post a Comment