Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ice Cream for Dinner

At our old apartment, since we were on the bottom floor in the corner, our place hardly ever got hot in the summer. Our new apartment is still on the bottom corner floor, but now we get sunlight hitting our back patio all day long. And boy does it produce a lot of heat in our place. Yesterday it was extremely hot!! Pete and I were too hot and tired to even think about going in the kitchen to fix something for dinner. So I decided we would have ice cream for dinner. As a tradition of ours, we have ice cream for dinner at least once in the summer, typically on a very hot day. Since we hadn't done this yet for this summer, it seemed like a perfect time. We usually make our own ice cream sundaes at home, but I didn't feel like going to the store. So I convinced Pete that we should all go to Dairy Queen. The boys had a sundae while Pete and I had a mini-blizzard. It was very enjoyable. Pete thought I was a dork taking pictures of this little adventure of ours.





No comments:

Post a Comment