Saturday, August 21, 2010

Back-to-school Shopping

Clifford starts school in about 2 weeks (Kristjan goes back the week after Clifford). Time is starting to run out, and we needed to buy Clifford some new clothes for school. This summer Clifford and I have been butting heads over what he wears. So I told Pete he would be the one to take Clifford for his back-to-school shopping trip and let Clifford pick out what he wants to wear. Every day this past week I've been on Pete's case to take Clifford shopping, but he just never got around to it. While we were all out and about running errands I made Pete stop at Old Navy, and we would finally finish clothes shopping (the other day I bought Clifford some jeans, underwear, and socks).

In my mind, this is what I envisioned shopping for new clothes to be like (after all, I was excited to be taking my oldest shopping for clothes for his first day of kindergarten!): we would go in and take our time looking around at everything. I would let Clifford pick out everything he liked, then try on clothes and narrow down the selection. I envisioned buying him a nice colorful button-up dress shirt for him to wear the first day of school.

The reality of it??: the trip literally took 5 minutes!!! What?! While I was busy looking around at the boys' selections, Pete (quickly) went through with Clifford and picked out a pair of cargo-pants and 3 shirts: one brown, one camo, and one a 'ninja turtle'. Clifford had no desire for the nice looking button-up shirt. Instead, he plans on wearing the 'ninja turtle' shirt the first day of school. When I complained to Pete about how there was still other items to look at, he said to me "welcome to shopping for boys".

Oh well. At least Clifford picked out some clothes that he liked and he's completely taken care of for school. Next weekend will be Kristjan's turn for shopping. I have a feeling Kristjan's shopping trip will be a bit different than Clifford's, since Kristjan likes to shop. Maybe I'll make it a 'mommy date' and we'll go out to lunch before shopping. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment