Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day



I really enjoyed my Mother's Day. It didn't go anything like I hoped it would; however, it was nice and was grateful to be able to spend it with my two little boys! Saturday evening Pete went grocery shopping for breakfast items for the next morning. He also came home with some beautiful hydrangeas and a pot for my gift. I LOVE them!! The boys had been so patient the entire week to wait to have me open up their gifts, but when they saw Pete give me mine, they wanted me to open it right then and there. I loved the things they made me. I think homemade gifts from my boys is more precious than some store bought gift. Clifford decorated a box with a picture of him on it. Inside the box was a heart-shaped pin to wear. Kristjan decorated a picture frame with a picture of him in it. Too cute!!








The next day, I slept in while Pete made me breakfast. We got ourselves ready for the day and then headed out to Tacoma. Pete's cousin Daniel needed his help with remodeling his bathroom. While they did that, his wife Jessica and I planned a day full of events for our boys. We took the kids out to lunch, went to the movies to see Iron Man 2, and then went to Point Defiance Zoo. I had never been to that zoo before, and I LOVED it!!! That zoo is ten times better than Woodland Park Zoo. We arrived at the zoo about an hour before it closed, so we didn't get to look at everything, but we made sure to see the meerkats and sharks. Once we were done looking around and hitting up the gift shop, we headed back to Jessica's house. We had a bbq dinner while the guys finished up the bathroom (for the day). We didn't get home until after 10pm and were extremely exhausted.























No comments:

Post a Comment