Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Apples, Apples, Apples

My in-laws gave us a box full of apples when they came for the boys' birthday party. I didn't want them to go to waste (I can only bake so much!), so I decided to dehydrate them (i would make applesauce and can it, but we don't have the equipment. that would make a great xmas gift to us-hint hint). With the weather starting to get warmer and us planning on doing more hiking this year, I want to make our own homemade gorp (trailmix). We can't buy the stuff in the stores because of allergies. I have tons of recipes that I've been wanting to try. And I can add apples to the mix. I was hoping to do it last week since the boys were on vacation, but Pete decided to share his germs with me and I was sick the entire week. Today I had more time to spare and decided it was a great time to start dehydrating. I'll finish up some more apples this weekend. I think I'll pick up some bananas and pears when I grocery shop on Friday and dehydrate those as well!

the start of my mess

No comments:

Post a Comment