Sunday, August 20, 2017

Weekend Getaway to Lopez Island

Our friend Erik invited us to join him on a weekend trip to Lopez Island. His boss has a house out there, and when he's away he invites Erik to use it. The house was amazing (we hope to go back again sometime in the future!). The weekend itself was so relaxing. No plans regarding activities were scheduled, rather we just went with the flow. We checked out the Farmer's Market, grabbed a coffee from a local shop, toured the little historical museum, walked the beach, and tried paddle boarding for the first time. We were a little sad when Sunday came and we had to leave. 

Waiting for the ferry. Boys, dogs and I took a walk while Peter worked on work.
 Made it on the ferry (we were on the Yakima - very fitting)
 Arriving on Lopez Island!
 Misc pics I took of the house during our stay.
 This balance board was a hit Peter and the boys had competitions on who could stay on the longest. I waited until the last day to give it a try. I was on it for half a second before I flew in the air and crashed to the ground!! Think of it like flying like Superman - parallel to the ground - but then immediately dropping down. Peter said I bounced off the cement. All I could remember was how quiet the boys were. Never saw their faces, but I bet they were in shock. When I hit the ground, I landed on my right side and  it immediately hurt. There was no way I could "walk" this off. I instantly started crying. My right ankle and arm hurt, and a bruise started forming on my thigh. Don't think I'll ever get on one again...
Chewie looking gorgeous after his morning visit to the doggy salon. No filter on these pics!
"Finding" family around the island

 Clifford always finds some sort of "treasure" 
 And here I am attempting to paddle board. I tried to stand up straight, but instead fell into the water! Erik and Peter had a good laugh on my behalf. I just can't do anything that involves balancing!
Back at the house for our last night stay, where the boys chilled out watching a movie and we adults cooked dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment