Sunday, August 6, 2017

Greider Lake

We FINALLY went on our FIRST family backpacking trip of the year! Our destination was Greider Lake, a place Peter has been wanting to get to for a few years now. 

A few trail head pics
 Made it to Greider Lake
 I. Was. Exhausted! It was so hot out, and include the fact that I'm out of shape - made for a long (and super slow) hike. And I ended up drinking all of my water half way up the trail, so when I finally caught up to everyone I had Kristjan stick close to me so I could steal some water from him. 
 The only campsite available at the lake was taken. Peter inflated his raft and took a trip across the lake to see if anything was available. There was a giant rock at the shore line that he felt would work to set the tents up on. He made a total of four trips back and forth to haul everything over. 
 Once we were all across the lake, the evening was spent fishing (Clifford caught a fish!), setting up camp, enjoying the scenery and grubbing on food.
 The moon was so pretty. Can see in the pic it reflecting off the lake.
 Our morning view from our tent.
 Like father, like son --- caught a stick!
  Clifford caught another fish!
 Clifford cleaning his fish
 Chewie found a frog hanging around camp. He was fascinated with it. He kept staring at the spot the frog was at even after the frog was long gone.
 Peter getting Chewie into the water.
 Time for a jump in the lake! 
 Family pic before we left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment