Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Weekend Fun

So, we are officially ONLY one month into our summer vacation. Some days, it feels like it's been forever. On those days, I just grin and bare it until 2:30 when Peter comes home. We do have some great days, where the happy vibe lasts all day long (meaning, boys fighting with each other and their attitudes were minimal lol). I'm trying to keep them busy with fun activities, while also have a few down days during the week, allowing them to relax and me to catch up on housework that I've ignored. This last week(end) had a good balance of keeping busy and relaxing.

I took MY minions to see Minions (cute movie, btw)
 Thursday night Kristjan had one of his best friends, Trinity, spend the night. These two goofballs are so much alike. 
Side Note: so they actually both went to Martha Lake together, but were in separate classes (I think they knew of each other, but didn't play together). She ended up moving away. Well, then we moved away and started at Woodside Elementary...and who happens to be in his class?! Trinity! Their friendship blossomed and now their best buds. Sadly, though, our school just reassigned the boundary lines and Trinity will be going to a different a school this Fall. We'll just have to keep up on play dates.
The two goofing around
 The heat wasn't too bad that evening, so I got in and baked them some M&M cookies
 Peter, fascinated with the Carl's Jr ding dong ice cream sandwich, had me purchase the items to make his own. He was satisfied with the results.
 More enjoying some cookies..
 The two playing in the water with the neighbor girl
 The next morning...none of them were happy with me waking them up. I have no idea how late they stayed up, but I had hot pancakes to be eaten and we needed to meet up with friends at 10 am to pick blueberries!
 Blueberry Picking Time!! All the kids, of course, tired out long before the adults really wanted to finish. We came home with enough blueberries to give us a batch of jam, 3 jars of syrup, 11+ cups to freeze for pancakes and muffins, AND one pie. I call that a success! Though I do want to go back and pick some more, as I'm not satisfied with the amount I have frozen. Blueberry pancakes and muffins are two of the few breakfast items I can get picky Clifford to eat, so I need lots more to get us through until next summer.
 We actually had NOTHING planned for this weekend. And for the most part, we did just that! However, on Saturday morning, I did get in and assist Peter in making some jam and syrup
 We finished our weekend off by heading over to Gordon and Michelle's for a delicious dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment