Sunday, July 19, 2015

Heather Lake

Our hike last Tuesday led us back up to Heather Lake. The boys and I were there back in January for our monthly family hike. At the time, the lake was frozen over and boys were able to stand on it. This time around, we were able to swim in it. The hike itself was easy. We were in front of our group and led the way the entire time (There have been a handful of moms whom I don't know but are acquaintances of Anne that have started coming along on the hikes. They have younger kids. They don't appear to do a lot of hiking [well, compared to us...i.e., they're slow] and don't always appear to have proper trail etiquette. I get a little annoyed, so I try to bypass them and stay in the front). We made it to the lake just in time, claiming a nice spot on the waters edge big enough to accommodate our group. Shortly after, more hikers (continuously) arrived. My boys, along with their friends, waded in the water for a while before finding a spot with frogs and tadpoles. I think we stayed for about an hour before making the trek back down.


No comments:

Post a Comment