Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Back to Work I Go!

As of last Thursday I started back working!! I'm back part-time at Peter's work as an Engineer Helper (I was seriously told that was my job title...one would think HR could come up with a better one instead of helper...oh well). I'm there Monday, Tuesday and Thursday each week for about 6 hours each day, and then Wednesdays for just a handful of hours. So far it's great (beats cleaning the warehouse!!). I have a few projects I'm currently working on, with rumors of more coming my way soon. The transition into this has been easy for the most part. I feel like I'm a little behind on house duties and correspondence (emails, blogging, phone calls, etc), but it hasn't reached a point where I'm pulling my hair out trying to get it all done. The tiring part for me right now is dealing with Mondays and Tuesdays, where I work all day then go straight home to immediately take boys to their soccer practices. On those days I'm only home (and awake) for maybe four hours. Makes for long days, though that schedule is only temporary, at least until basketball season starts! But it's worth it. It'll be great knowing we have a little extra income and that I'm helping to contribute, not just by doing dishes and laundry! One perk, as the company has me hired through a temp agency, is I get paid weekly. So this Friday I should have my first paycheck! Peter is going out fishing, so I think I might treat the boys out on a date...either to the pumpkin patch or dinner...or both! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment