Sunday, September 7, 2014

First Day of School!!!!

Last Wednesday was the First Day of School!!!!!! Clifford is now in the 4th grade and has Mrs. MacLean. Kristjan is in the 3rd grade and has Mrs. Johnson. Both teachers seem great, and so far the new school is FANTASTIC!! We definitely upgraded in the school department. We're all very excited for this new change and can't wait to see what the new year holds. I told myself I would take it slow and easy this year with volunteering. We'll see how long that lasts. I already signed myself up for at least 5 different PTA functions throughout the year that I'm interested in, with the first one being me helping with the Book Fair next week. As far as classroom volunteering, so far I've signed up to help with reading in Kristjan's class one day each week. I have to wait for Curriculum Night to sign up for volunteering in Clifford's class. Peter also signed up for 2 days as a Watch DOG, though that's not until the beginning of the next year. So it's looking pretty good. Oh, and boys started walking to school on their own. It's literally only a 30 second walk, but they love it. They've tried convincing us to let them walk home out from the front of the school, which would potentially add a few minutes to their walk. We said no to that. And sadly, I was asked on Friday by my boys NOT to wait out by the mailbox for them after school. *SIGH*

Getting the day started right with homemade blueberry pancakes topped with homemade raspberry syrup and bacon
 Looking sharp!
 On our walk to school. It's so convenient living across the street from the school!! 
 Quick pic of the boys with us
 Waiting in line for school to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment