Thursday, July 3, 2014

Summer Vacation - Week 2

Here are the highlights from the second week of Summer Vacation...

Clifford and I went out for a special breakfast. A Top Pot Donut shop had just opened up down the road from our house. 
 Treated Clifford to a slice of pizza after shopping at Costco
 With Kristjan out of town and Clifford at a birthday party, Peter and I went out for a quick dinner date one evening. Dinner wasn't that spectacular, but we did enjoy a drink concoction using ginger beer :)
 Last weekend Pete really wanted to get out camping, and was even invited to go out with some friends, but couldn't due to a Cub Scout meeting we had scheduled. At the last minute the time for the meeting was changed on us, so we decided to take the opportunity to go out just with Clifford (I actually gave him the option of going to Wild Waves or out camping.....the boy wanted camping and was soooo excited!) We went to Annette Lake. It rained the ENTIRE trip, forcing us to stay in the tent most of the time. Luckily we brought up a deck of Uno cards, which helped pass the time. A few times water started puddling in under our sleeping pads (the tent we were using was more like a tarp). That made us debate if we should pack up and hike out that evening. But we stuck it out and it was definitely an experience. All in all, we had a great time :)
 Clifford made up a game of Tic-Tac-Toe with sticks and rocks!
Kristjan came back home on Sunday, so on Monday we met up with Anne and her boys to do some berry picking. It was a gorgeous sunny day, which later showed up on us as minor sunburns. All the kids quickly got bored when picking strawberries, but perked up and lasted longer with the raspberries. I find it addicting and could last hours picking, which showed when I went to pay for my loot of berries. I think I internally gasped when I was told how much I owed, BUT I know in the end it's totally worth it, especially living on the Westside of the mountains. The amount we have to pay for such produce in the stores is almost triple...AND nothing will go to waste. I plan on canning up some jams and syrups with our berries. Most of the pics below were taken by Kristjan. He's a pretty good photographer...
 FINALLY!!! Boys passed out after an activity..best 30 minute drive in a loooonnngg time!
We went swimming with friends...
 We went to Lake Forest Park, which had a free petting zoo and spray park.
 Boys left yesterday with Peter's parents for a trip down to California!! They've been so excited for this and were all smiles when they saw the RV pull up. They're definitely traveling in luxury! It hasn't even been 24 hours since they left and I already miss them a lot. I was jumping for joy when they called me last night. I really am happy for them to have this experience, and excited for all the fun they're going to have :)
Their cousin Emma gets to go along. Both boys adore her!

No comments:

Post a Comment