Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pre-Summer Fun

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm ready for sunshine and some summer fun!!!! We've had a few days here and there of good weather, so we took advantage of enjoying our backyard....

We had a weenie roast one evening, as well as a few nights of s'mores making!

We BBQ and Smoke a LOT!!! Pete's dad has graciously let us borrow his smoker. We definitely don't allow it to sit around and collect dust. At least once a week we use this baby!!

There was a week where temperatures were reaching the 80's!!! So I was super excited one day to buy a slip 'n slide for the boys, letting them skip doing homework right after school. We set it up, boys got into their swimsuits, and they played on it....for like 10 minutes. Then Pete told me to take it back. My happiness was deflated!!! Pete said it was cheap and stupid. I think it would have been better if I'd bought a single one (due to the lack of flatness in the our yard and it being a double, water wasn't able to hit the second slide). So back it went, and Pete hooked up the hose to one of the slides in the yard. 
                                       

Clifford recently went on a birthday sleepover, leaving Kristjan with some quality alone time with us. As a treat, we went out to dinner at Red Robin.


No comments:

Post a Comment