Thursday, March 6, 2014

Dr. Seuss Day

March 2 is National Read Across America Day, or otherwise known as Dr. Seuss Day. This year it was on a Sunday, so the boys' school participated the Friday before. Kids were allowed to go to school in their pjs, and depending on each teacher, could bring a pillow, blanket, stuffed animal and/or favorite book to read. Kristjan's class was going to take the last hour to read and enjoy some snacks. I really wanted to get creative and whip up something fun and yummy, but I didn't have the energy, so I bought a bag of Pirate Booty and Oreos for the class (the kids honestly didn't mind). As for Clifford's class, it was the same thing except his teacher, Mrs. Marks, had the students make their treat - The Cat in the Hat treat, to be exact (using oreos and gummy lifesavers). I was already planning on coming in to help the teacher with the treats, so she asked me if I had the time, to come in earlier than planned to read the class a book. So I did! Mrs. Marks said it was the quietest the class has ever been during story time, and that she greatly appreciated the small break. It was a good day. And I had fun helping the kids make their treats :)

The school does a Dr Seuss decorative door contest. I helped my teachers put together theirs. 




 The Cat in the Hat treat

 Kristjan in his pjs and with his owl

Clifford in his pjs


Clifford snapped a shot of me. I figured since I'm usually the one behind the camera, I'd share a pic of me :)

Clifford after he made his treat




No comments:

Post a Comment