Friday, March 14, 2014

2nd Annual Multicultural Night

Last night was Multicultural Night at the boys school. It turned out great, just like last years. Our friend Keri was in charge of planning the event (she did an amazing job!). I helped promote the event, along with getting other PTA members to come in and help with set up (last year, it was just Peter and I. I nicely made it clear that more needed to show up). Peter and I arrived at 4 pm to help with set up, while the boys got to run around with their friends. The event was in full swing by 6:30. As we did last year, we tasted delicious food dishes from various cultures and enjoyed performances from students. My only complaint, which is the same from last year, was there weren't copies of the recipes!!

Peter and Erik creating a sign for the 2nd grade classes

Kristjan's class


 Clifford's class 


 My (sad) contribution. I had intentions to bake up a traditional Danish dessert, even going as far
as borrowing a special pan from Pete's sister. Then I got busy and decided I would just bake up a batch of 
butter cookies like I did last year. But then I got even busier, so I had to settle for this. 

 Misc pics of the various booths










 Kristjan cheesin' it up for the camera 
as we waited in line for food


 The crowd...estimated over 500 people came!















No comments:

Post a Comment