Monday, November 25, 2013

Visit from Uncle Josh

My brother Josh came over to visit one evening. He happened to be in Portland visiting his brother and was able to take a train ride up to us. This was the first time Pete and the boys met him. Josh and I met last year when we went back East to visit our Dad and sisters. I really like Josh. I feel very comfortable around him. He was only able to stay for one night, but it was a good visit. The boys took to him as well. In fact, Uncle Josh SPOILED the boys on this visit and left a great memory for them. The boys were giving us issues with eating their dinner and Josh told them if they ate all their food, he'd give them a special surprise. Pete and I thought it would be a piece of candy or something simple like that. Oh no. He went above and beyond. After dinner, he sat the boys down and talked to them about how every good scout needs one of these....and then boys unwrapped their very own pocket knife!! I wish I was able to capture their initial excitement in their face, but sadly my camera was too slow. They were ecstatic! And we were happy for them. Every time the boys use their knives, they'll think of their Uncle Josh :)

We three adults stayed up the remainder of the evening chit-chatting about this and that. Then the next morning Josh tagged along to drop the boys off at school. We were able to spend a little more time together before I had to take him back to the train station. I do hope he is able to come back again for a longer visit. I think we click very well and look forward to getting to know him even more. Hopefully he feels the same way :)

Waiting at the train station

Uncle Josh spoiling the boys

No comments:

Post a Comment