Friday, November 22, 2013

Fun Run 2013

Back in the beginning of October, Clifford and Kristjan participated in the school's Fun Run fundraiser. This fundraiser is 100% profit for the school. One of the perk of being on the PTA Board, I knew ahead of time when this event would take place. So while the boys were still on summer vacation, I made the boys each write personal letters to a handful of family and friends asking for a small donation. This worked out perfectly. Each boy raised $75 each!! Thank You! Clifford and Kristjan were given the prize of free popcorn for Popcorn Wednesday for the remainder of the year for the amount they each raised (This makes ME happy because now I don't have to remember to give them each a $1 for this lol).

The Fun Run itself turned out great. The planning and execution-not so much!! This year we had two new gals take on the Fundraising position. It was a mess. No communication and no planning was really done. My position on the Board is Secretary, but I ended up doing the Fundraising position for this. I ended up having to do most of the work for this prior to the event and all of it the day of. On the day of, I spent my time from 8:30am - 4:00pm making sure everything was done because the other gals in charge of this dropped the ball. I literally went home after this and cried from frustration and exhaustion. I had wonderful friends come in to help me, whether it was to help in the preparation itself, to give me words of encouragement, or simply give me some chocolate and coffee. Honestly, this was a complete nightmare for me, but in the end, all the kids at the school had fun, which was the most important part.

No comments:

Post a Comment