Saturday, May 25, 2013

Woodland Park Zoo / Endangered Species Project

While my dad was in town visiting, he ended up getting sick. Shortly after he left for home, both boys caught it! They were out of school for most of a week. Thankfully, Kristjan got well in time for his class field trip to the Woodland Park Zoo. Back in the fall, the entire first grade class started their endangered species project. Each student picked an animal (Kristjan picked a manatee) and drew a picture to include in a notepad, which families were then to sell. The money raised was then donated to the zoo, along with a planned field trip (the class will continue this project by writing up a report here in the next few weeks). I had signed up to be a parent volunteer for the field trip. Unfortunately, two days before, I got sick! Sadly, I had to back out of the trip, but another mom from Kristjan's class was kind enough to send me a few pics she took during the field trip. I was so grateful for that!

My poor babies sick! Kristjan is a lot like me when sick; just lying down, cuddled up underneath blankets. Clifford, however, takes after his dad. He spent most of his time playing computer games.


Kristjan on his field trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment