Saturday, May 25, 2013

Spring Break

Spring Break was the first week of April. We had many adventures! Here's what we did:

Grandpa Gibb Visits: My dad flew up from Virginia to spend the week with us. I really enjoyed the boys and him having the opportunity to spend time together, making memories. Clifford and Kristjan even spent the night at his hotel twice. They got to jump on the bed, eat lots of candy, and swim in the pool! At home, they'd constantly ask him to come outside to watch them play. Unfortunately, my dad ended up getting sick while here, which then we ended up catching it as well.

Here's a few pics of Clifford and Kristjan on their sleepover with Grandpa Gibb. Sadly, I didn't get any pics with all of them together!



Frog Lady at the Library: We joined some school friends at one of the local library to watch the Frog Lady talk about frogs. The boys have been to her frog class that she offers through the community before (which you pay and get 2 hours of more info/crafts/toughing of frogs), but since this was free, it was more of her just talking and simply showing her frogs around. Nevertheless, the boys were entertained. Pete even gave her info on a frog species she had never heard of (google "horror frog"...it's crazy!).


Grandmas Come to Visit: My mom and Jane came up for a little visit to see the boys. Jane visited with my dad, whom she hadn't seen in 30 years, while I visited with my mom. I was happy they were able to make it up.

Boeing Museum of Flight: Every first Thursday of the month, the Boeing Museum of Flight offers free admission to the public in the evening. I've been wanting to go to this FOREVER, but it just never worked out. Well, we finally made it! Pete and I really enjoyed it; boys, however, were kinda bored. I'm hoping when they're a little older they'll appreciate it more. In the meantime, Pete and I are hoping to go back without the boys so we can fully enjoy and appreciate the history of it.

We literally took over 200 pics during our visit! So here's just a few I selected.


Pacific Science Center: We met up with the Guthries at the Science Center. We spent a few hours looking at the new exhibit, the butterfly exhibit, and watched the 3D-movie "The Last Reef". Afterwards, we headed back to their house for a bbq dinner before having to take my dad to the airport.




No comments:

Post a Comment