Saturday, December 29, 2012

Scout Holiday Party

The Wednesday before Christmas was the boys' Cub Scout pack meeting/holiday party. I ended up volunteering to coordinate this event, recruiting Peter as my helper. I searched for ideas on Pinterest and came up with some fun activities for the scouts to do. I had an ornament craft (thumbprint snowmen), a treat craft (decorate "xmas trees" using ice cream cones, frosting and candy), and 4 various games. Everything towards planning went great until the week of the event. I ended up getting sick with a horrendous cough, which I would go into occasional coughing fits where I couldn't do anything. Then on the day of the party, I had planned to spend the morning finishing up on the final details, such as decorations and prepping the frosting/candies for the treat. But of course that's when EVERYONE needed something from me at the school. I had to meet a parent at school who last-minute ordered a bunch of PTA clothing for xmas gifts (but she forgot and never showed), help another parent with collecting Box Top labels from teachers who never turned them in a week prior, and then Kristjan's teacher asked me to run an errand to pick up the endangered species notepads for the entire 1st grade class. I had to drive over to the school district building, load up 4 heavy boxes into my car, unload those boxes into the school, deliver the right set of boxes to each of the three 1st grade classes, AND sorted/organized notepad orders for Kristjan's teacher. Did I mention I was feeling sick AND had last minute party planning stuff to take care of at home??? Ugh...

So from what I can tell the party went great. I ended up having a coughing fit and had to leave for 45 minutes (this cough was that bad!!!). I completely forgot to take pics of the party when I was able to return. I'm just grateful Pete was there to help out and make sure everything went smoothly. Parents thanked us and said the party was a lot of fun. I, however, couldn't wait for the night to be over so I could go home and go to bed.

As I said, I forgot to take pics of the party. But I did take a pic of the example I made of the snowman thumbprint ornament and the "Frosty Toss" game I made. The third pic of the "xmas tree" treat is one I snagged from another blog to give you an idea of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment