Sunday, December 9, 2012

Decorating the Christmas Tree

Thanksgiving weekend I dug out our xmas containers and started decorating the house. Boys ended up staying behind in Yakima for a few extra days that weekend, so I did everything but put ornaments on the tree. Boys came home late Sunday afternoon, so while Pete cooked dinner, boys and I decorated. Every year, I love unwrapping our ornaments and reminiscing about each of them. Every one of them has a "story" to tell. We have our "family" set, where each year we buy one that represented something fun we did that year. Peter has his "Rocking Horse" and "Raccoon" sets from his childhood, along with his "Camping" set that I've started for him since we got married. The boys each have their "baby" themed sets (Clifford is Whinnie the Pooh and Kristjan is Snoopy). Now that they're older, they get to pick out their own each year. As for my set, mine is "Donald Duck". He's hard to fine, so my mission every year is to actually find one of him. I let the boys have full freedom with putting the ornaments on the tree. My only rule was just don't drop them! Our little tree quickly filled up. I ended up having to do some rearranging because when I stood to the side, our tree was leaning forward! I think by next Christmas, we're going to have to buy a normal-size tree if we want to be able to put all our ornaments on the tree. The small tree just won't cut it anymore :)





I had to throw this pic in. I found this idea on Pinterest and just had to turn our fridge into Frosty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment