Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Virginia / Massachusetts Trip

Well, I'm back....I survived traveling and flying all by my lonesome self to the east coast. I had a wonderful trip. I spent a few days in Virginia and a few days in Massachusetts. I met my brothers Josh and Chris for the first time ever, and saw my two sisters (and their little families) for the first time in about 15 years. I unfortunately ended up getting sick while on vacation, but I did my best to not let that stop me from having fun. I tried some new foods, had my first Dunkin' Donuts donut, discovered old family history (required looking up old history records and cemetery hopping), toured Boston (mostly from the car), discovered I do like a particular beer while touring the Sam Adam's Brewery, went on my first (and last, haha) motorcycle ride, and played with some adorable babies. I also discovered that I never want to move away from the Pacific North West. East coast CANNOT make a decent cup of coffee, I missed the rain and moisture and greenery, asians are a rarity (I honestly missed seeing their bad driving-no offense Jessica lol), and the culture over there isn't as diverse as Seattle. But it was a great experience, and I'm hoping to go back next summer, particularly to Massachusetts to visit my brother Chris. I definitely want to spend more time getting to him as well as lots more touring. The worst part of the trip was being away from Pete and boys. They have to come with me next time. Here's some miscellaneous pics of my trip, in no particular order (pic captions/info are on my facebook if you're curious for more info)...enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment