Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day '12

I had a (much needed) laid back Mother's Day. Pete made me french toast for breakfast, per request. Clifford and Kristjan each gave me little gifts they made in school (precious!). Pete did buy me two gifts with the intentions of giving them to me on Mother's Day. However, I accidentally found them a few weeks ago. He bought them while I was on my trip, and when his mom was here helping with the boys, she stuck them in the hall closet, which Pete had no clue about and forgot to ask her. I got a good laugh out of this since this is such a typical thing to happen when it comes to Pete giving me gifts. And the bright side was I was able to use the gifts right away (a hot glue gun and a special scrapbook cutter). As for the rest of Mother's Day, all I wanted to do was spend time at the beach. The weather was deliciously hot and sunny. Kristjan and I searched for sea shells while Clifford played in the sand. Pete bbq'd up some left over hamburgers from the night before for lunch (yum!). We spent a few hours frolicking on the beach before heading home. The rest of the day was spent hanging out on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment