Thursday, December 1, 2011

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!!

It's already December 1st!!! Where has this past year gone?? I'm not ready for a new year to start, and to repeat everything all over again. Much to my relief, though, I am almost ready for the Christmas holiday. The house is decorated, Christmas cards made, and lists complete. I'm doing much better than I did last year around this time (was dealing with Pete's surgery). I still have a lot of shopping to do as far as gifts are concerned, but I at least know what I'm getting everyone. A majority of the gifts to family have already been shipped and delivered. I have my 'goodie plate' baking list finalized, and will be passing that out to neighbors once everything is baked. Christmas cards will be mailed out this weekend. To add to the craziness, the boys are invited to two birthdays the next two weekends in a row. Good thing I like to shop! Pete informed me of when the company xmas potluck is (next week!), so I have a few tasty recipes I can make to contribute to that. And I'm sure both boys' classes at school will be having some sort of holiday celebration before their winter break, which I will more than likely get to help plan since I'm room parent for each boys' class. I'm sure there's a few more items I could add to this long list, but right now, I can't remember what they are. When I look at the calendar, I see there is only 3 WEEKS until Christmas!!! As crazy as the holidays can get, I love this time of year. Spending time with family, doing the numerous family traditions we have with our boys, and the memories we're making. To calm myself, I think I just need to turn on some Christmas music, light a Christmas-scented candle, and eat a few gingerbread cookies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment