Saturday, December 17, 2011

Grandma Got Ran Over By A Reindeer

And the "reindeer" being two anxious little boys who were super excited to see their grandparents!! Grandma Jane, Great Grandma and Great Grandpa drove over from Yakima to visit us today. They spent the afternoon with us. It was a great visit!! They got to spend time with the boys. We also enjoyed a yummy lunch, and took a little visit to See's Candy. Before they left to go home, we had ourselves an early Christmas and opened gifts. The boys got spoiled (of course!) with lots of fun new toys. Pete and I loved all our gifts. My favorite part was seeing Jane and my Mom's reactions to their gifts. I love how something so simple can truly make someone happy! All in all, we all had a great time! It was great having my family visit, since they don't get to do it often.

Clifford and Kristjan were very excited with this gift. They got to open it first thing when my family arrived. It was from Uncle Matthew. He had found a container full of his old toys from when he was a kid, like pokeman and transformers (all in excellent condition). So he decided to give it to the boys. There were even 2 new light sabers in there!
Boys opening the rest of their gifts!




Kristjan was so excited when he opened this! He told Grandma Jane this is what he wanted for Christmas when he visited her this past summer. Since then, he been constantly reminding us that "Grandma Jane is giving me the pink barbie car!" She didn't have much of a choice lol
Pete finds an extra surprise in his puzzle gift from my family
Jane's reaction when she realizes what her gift is!! I've been waiting a long time to see this reaction. Side story: I have this corn dip recipe that almost everyone loves! Pete got it from a family friend years ago. I'm always asked for this recipe, but I won't give it up. I've given it to my sister Amber, but that's only because she lives on the other side of the United States. Jane has been wanting this recipe badly, but I refused to give it to her. So when I was trying to think of a great Christmas gift for her, I knew just what she would want. To surprise her, I put the recipe inside a photo album filled with pictures of the boys. She would then flip through looking at the pictures, when all of a sudden she'd come across the recipe. She LOVED it! (Sorry Franie, if you read this. I promise to leave the recipe to you in my will!!! lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment