Saturday, December 18, 2010

Hammocks


Pete has another (crazy) idea. He wants to switch from sleeping in a tent when camping, to sleeping in hammocks. A while back he sewed his own hammock. He also made one for each of the boys. He wants the boys to get used to sleeping in hammocks before next summer, so he wanted to take down their bunk bed and put up their hammocks. I disagreed with this, and for a few weeks Pete and I discussed (and argued) about this. Two days before he went in for his surgery, he took advantage of me taking an afternoon nap. Down with the bunk bed and up with the hammocks. The boys were excited. I was not. But it's already done and over with. I agreed with Pete that the hammocks could stay up until after the new year, then we'll talk with the boys to see which bed they like better. If they want the bunk bed back up, then back up it goes. If not, the hammocks stay, at least until we move next summer. By then, I'm hoping to buy the boys new twin boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment