Monday, October 25, 2010

Cookie Time!

Every Halloween I bake up some homemade sugar cookies in the shape of pumpkins and ghosts and let the boys decorate them. In the past I have Pete help me keep this activity organized while I snap pictures, but Pete was occupied with something else last night, so I decided to let the boys have a 'free for all' with the decorating. Oh boy, did they have fun. MOST of the sprinkles and the frosting stayed on the table (I had to scrub only a few frosting spots off the carpet). The boys piled on the frosting on each and every cookie, while taking a turn to lick their fingers or knife before dipping back in for more frosting (these cookies will obviously only be eaten by us now). It was nice for me to just sit and enjoy the moment with my boys, not caring about any rules. After every cookie was decorated, the boys got to eat one cookie each before heading to the bath for clean up.

Getting the table all set up to decorate
Clifford taste-testing the frosting

Boys licking their fingers


Clifford and Kristjan with their decorated cookies
Look at all that sugar!

No comments:

Post a Comment