Monday, July 26, 2010

Mountain View Blueberries



I'm not a fan of eating blueberries, but I LOVE picking them. When we first moved over to the westside I wanted to take advantage of all the fun activities to do over here. One of them was picking blueberries. Our favorite spot is at Mountain View Farm out in Snohomish County. Every summer for the last three years I take the boys there at the start of the season. We typically pick just one bucket full. In the future, I hope to have enough freezer space to be able to pick more than just one bucket. Last Thursday I took the boys down for our yearly picking. It was lots of fun. We took our berries home to wash and prep them for freezing. The boys like blueberries in their oatmeal, and I love baking fresh blueberry muffins in the fall. I'm hoping to go back to the farm this weekend to pick some more and make a fresh blueberry pie from a recipe I came across.







No comments:

Post a Comment