Sunday, July 11, 2010

Alone Time

Both boys have been gone since last Tuesday up in Mt. Vernon having a mini-vaction with their mama and papa. Pete left Friday to go out camping with his cousin Daniel. All three will return sometime tomorrow. I'm lonely. And very bored. Don't get wrong, I love the opportunity to have alone time, especially from Clifford and Kristjan. I feel that when I have a break from them and being able to 'recenter' myself and calm down a bit, I can better mom to them. Same when Pete's gone; I get some space and then when he returns I'm a way better wife. But for whatever reason lately when all of them are gone for more than a few days (it's been a lot lately with Pete traveling out of town for work), I get super lonely and wish I had all three boys around to 'bug' me. I do have plenty to keep me busy. I need to finish packing everything up for moving next weekend, and I have a baby gift to finish for my brother and new sis-in-law. But I slightly miss dealing with a never-ending pile of laundry, fixing meals, and getting after my kids to behave or pick their toys up. I know Pete, Clifford and Kristjan are all having fun doing their own thing. I just can't wait for them all to be home and tell me about their adventures they've been on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment