Friday, October 2, 2020

Job Promotion

Yesterday on my commute home from work, my boss text me this.

So I gave her a call and she told me my promotion had been approved! I'm currently the Front Office Coordinator. The last her and I talked I thought we were just working on getting me a raise - basically to get brought up to what the other office gal at the corporate office was making (I was definitely being underpaid for everything I was doing. Not to the fault of my boss, just some stupid upper-management politics). But I was shocked to find out I have been promoted to HR Assistant!!! And I've gone up 3 pay grade levels-another shock! I cried happy tears and told my boss thank you so much for fighting on my behalf to get me to this. Come Monday morning I get to order new business cards (so fancy!) AND I get a work laptop (so important!). I'm so ecstatic. After I graduated college, I went straight to being a stay-at-home mom for 12 years. And now three years out in the workforce and I'm finally building a career for myself!


Later in the evening my boss texted me again with this sweet message (happy tears again!) and a toast to me! 




No comments:

Post a Comment