Sunday, April 17, 2016

Heather Lake

Peter and Clifford went out on their first backpacking trip of the year, with their destination being Heather Lake. Peter had some testing he needed to do on some gear he's creating for his side job with Cascade Designs. Other than a morning soccer game, our schedule was free for the weekend, so off they went. They had a good hike and the testing went well. They said there were 3 avalanches at the lake (one during the day that they witnessed and two at night, which Peter said was really loud and woke him up in the middle of the night). Luckily, they were on a side of the lake that wasn't any concern for them.

As for Kristjan and I, we had an amazing lazy weekend. We stayed in our pj's all day Saturday. I didn't even get out of bed until 1 pm, though I did complete many tasks that I've had on the back burner for a while. I just made sure it was stuff I could do while sitting under the covers. Once up and about, I did manage to get every single piece of dirty laundry washed, folded and put away (go me!!). Per Kristjan's request, dinner was junk food. We shared a bag of salt & vinegar chips (our favorite!), corn dogs, pizza rolls, and toaster strudels for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment