Thursday, January 21, 2016

Multicultural Night

 We attended the school's multicultural night. We went last year as well, but coming from our old school, which held the same event and each year was massive with amazing food, I wasn't too impressed with the new school's. This year a teacher was involved with taking the lead, and it sounded like this years would be better planned, so we decided to give it a try. It was slightly better. It's just sad because for such a large school, there just isn't a big turnout. I myself volunteered to bring a dessert. I made five batches of Klassiske Vaniljekranse (Danish butter cookies....think of the blue tins you see in the stores). It was a little time consuming, to say the least. I think next year I'll just buy a tin or two from Costco during the holidays when they have them in stock lol. We looked around at the few displays that parents put out, and we sampled all the dishes that were brought it.

My cookies
 Someone made a display of Denmark
 Found that Kristjan's class made artwork for the event. I've told Kristjan plenty of times of what makes his name so special, so I chuckled when I read what he wrote. 

No comments:

Post a Comment