Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Downsizing

Sunday we went up to the Hyundai dealership in Everett to look at refinancing our Expedition. Instead, we traded it in and came home with a brand new car!! I wasn't really happy about this. I realize all the perks of this new car (the gas mileage, the warranty, that new car smell), but we're losing a LOT of space. Plus, I just don't like having to deal with learning how to drive a new car (you know, getting the feel down for how the car drives or the gas/brake pedals, the process of familiarizing the feel of the cruise control or radio w/o taking your eyes off the road). Not to mention, I'm now low to the ground with everyone else. Yes, I had a big ego to go along with our big car. Now I can't see as well when backing up or pulling out of a driveway. So much to get use to...BUT I did finally take it out for a drive the other day. My favorite feature?? The bluetooth compatibility. I can answer my phone or make a call just by pushing a button on my steering wheel! And the voice command feature is awesome! Yesterday I called Pete at work for minor reasons JUST so I could tell my car to "call Peter". AWESOME!! In time, I'm sure I'll learn to love this new car. But the first chance we get to purchase another car (which is something we already desperately need), it'll be another SUV-type car.



No comments:

Post a Comment